Episode #2 – BlizzCon 2009 Wrap Up
These show notes are for Episode 2 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2009.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
Holy carp, there was a lot of WoW stuff happening at Blizzcon this year. Here are the high points:
And on top of the stuff that was confirmed – TONS of new things (for lack of a better term) happening with the 3rd expansion to our favorite game.
• Archaeology – New secondary Profession!
• Reforging – New Gear customization.
• Path of the Titans – in combination with Archaeology, a way to further progress your character within the game.
• Guild Leveling, Guild Acheivements and Guild Talent points
• New Dungeons and raids – Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep now have HEROIC modes – chock full of Awesome.
• Major changes in the Terrain of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. One thing to note – once Cataclysm hits, you wil NOT be able to quest in Vanilla WoW, the change is for EVERYONE, regardless of class, race or level.
• 7 New Zones added to the Old World, Twilight Highlands, Mount Hyjal, Deepholm, Uldum, Gilneas, The Lost Isles, Sunken City of Vash’jir
• Rated BG’s for Arena Points!
• Cross Server Instances – PUG any instance with players over different servers! (Coming in 3.3.0!)
• And a personal fave – hunter Ammo will no longer be a consumable, and the fishing mechanic will likely change
Segment 2- Wrap-up
• Big thank you to MMO-Champion.com for providing information during all of BlizzCon and for this BlizzCon Edition of The Warcraft Syndicate.
• How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc. and we’ll see what we can do!
• And on the intertubes, you can find us at thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general!
• And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released when it’s done.