Episode #5 – It’s Not an Exploit
Intro – Gill
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
• After years of lurking in her lair battling the many brave adventurers who travelled from afar to challenge her, Onyxia returns stronger than before to commemorate World of Warcraft’s five-year anniversary.
• Onyxia has been scaled for level 80 players and brings level 80 drops with her.
• Brood of Onyxia, a very rare 310%-speed mount modeled after Onyxia herself will be available for the luckiest of challengers.
• Some class changes – Rogues damage done by Fan of Knives has been reduced by 30% and Throwing Specialization no longer interrupts spellcasting. Warriors Critical Block has been increased from 10%/20%/30% to 20%/40%/60%.
• Battleground Queuing
Brewfest is Back – Coren Direbrew boosted to level 80, along with his loot. Swift Brewfest Ram and Great Brewfest Kodo mounts are back as well. Brewfest runs until October 3rd, but no Wolpertingers or Pink Elekks in Europe.
Segment 2 – Change Bank
Favorite Recipes – Maybe being able to check 5 Favorite recipes per profession. There may be a mod that does that, but I would love to see it in the game engine.
Interlude – Pipsie’s Home Companion – Brewfest Pets!
Segment 3 – Loot Table
Guildomatic.com – For anyone looking for an awesome guild hosting site, check out Guildomatic.com. They offer a full set of features including the ability to track raid progression, dkp, and loot, as well as the ablility to schedule calendar events and manage your roster. The Guildomatic DKP add-on is also very useful for utilizing DKP right in-game.
www.wow-heroes.com – Want to know which endgame raids/instances you are geared for? Head over to wow-heroes.com, enter your character name and get a breakdown of your gear (pulled from the WoW armory site). Enter your guild name, and you can see which dungeon/instances your character is geared for, along with the rest of your guild. Want to see where your guild ranks on the server for content completed? Type in your server name, and see where your guild stands against the rest of the guilds on the server.
Segment 4 – E-Mail / Q&A
From the comments section of the website – “as a victim of account hacking I have to say the little authenticators we purchased from Blizzard are a great security Item. I will gladly take the chance of losing the authenticator over being kicked off repeatedly while someone is trying to log into your account and steal your gold or waking up and logging in in the morning and finding out they succeeded”
At what point did you realize you were hooked on WoW?
Segment 5- Wrap-up
• Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show..
• Thanks to Pipsie for Pipsie’s Home Companion! Be sure to check out warcraftpets.com for all your non-combat pet needs!
• How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
• And on the net, you can find us at thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
• And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)