Episode #6 – Buckingham Fountain
These show notes are for Episode 6 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2009.
-Epic flight speed is actually 280% and the gryffon flight speed is also 280% – thanks Tobito
-The “Leave me alone” sound byte from the Orc starting zone quest, is actually a throw-back to the original Warcraft games. When you would click your workers, they would sometimes say “Leave me alone!” -thanks Capswartz
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
Stacalm’s Onyxia and Battlegrounds updates.
Gillrisper’s limited week in WoW.
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Why is Onyxia so easy at level 80, when guilds took weeks to down her at level 60?
New Blizzard Entertainment Site Now Live
New 5-man Dungeon – Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls
Nethaera writes, “Looming over the stark wastes of Northrend, the Icecrown Citadel awaits those who would see the Lich King and his Scourge brought low and the threat they pose wiped from the face of Azeroth. The heroes who venture within will face some of the greatest challenges and horrors yet seen. But before you burst in the front door of the Citadel itself, an alternate means of entry awaits you, with an epic journey into the new five-player dungeon, Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls.”http://www.wowblues.com/us/icecrown-citadel-the-frozen-halls-20122257436.html
In response to complaints that the Lich King would be “killable” in the new 5-man dungeon, Bornak responded, “The way the Lich King is part of the 5 player dungeons is something we are really excited about and look forward to players seeing it… soon.”
Segment 3 – Change Bank
• Ransue mp3 – Quest Tracking!
• Map sharing
Interlude – Pipsie’s Home Companion!
Segment 4 – Loot Table
ArkInventory Mod – http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ark-inventory.aspx
Jinx Fall 2009 World of Warcraft T-shirts – http://www.jinx.com/warcraft_fall_2009.aspx
Segment 5 – E-Mail / Q&A
Panndemic writes, “This is Panndemic from Gill’s guild. Quick Question Engineering or Blacksmithing, Which is more beneficial for a Guild and which is more beneficial for your own personal char.
I’ve been weighing the Pros and Cons and it seems like Engineering is more of an help to your character rather than a help to others and you can make stuff for others ….but they have to be engineer also.
The Blacksmithing can make mail and plate for whom ever and you can create armor and weapons, an belt buckles, however you the gear you can make really isn’t useful till you hit levels 60s-80. What do you think?
P.S. my first needle was 4+years ago, rolled a Horde Hunter, took a break to try alliance”
Valmirus, a lvl 60 hunter of Lothar sez, “Hey Guys I saw ur podcast when I hit random on my iPod touch when looking for podcasts and I have to say I’m loving the show. The chemistry you guys have and the knowledge you guys have is very helpful and entertaining. I can’t wait for you podcast every week!”
Stacalm’s question to Gill – As a hunter if you could tame any Northrend boss in the game, which one would you tame and why?
Gill’s question to Stacalm – What is the weirdest glitch you’ve seen in-game?
Segment 6- Wrap-up
• Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show.
• Thanks to Pipsie for Pipsie’s Home Companion! Be sure to check out warcraftpets.com for all your non-combat pet needs!
• How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
• And on the intertubes, you can find us at thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
• 5-star review shoutouts: Emberwolf06 – “one of the greatest podcasts for WoW”
• And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)