Episode #7 – Squishy Rogues
These show notes are for Episode 7 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2009.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
Glory of the Hero progression.
I gots me my Albino Drake!
Bring me the Head of the Headless Horseman! – Time for Hallow’s End! Is The Headless Horseman easier?
Celebrating 1 year of acheivements – What do we think of them so far?
Patch 3.3 on the horizon:
- Love is in the Air Valentine’s event may get a new boss
- Easing the curve for beginners
- Possible quest tracking
- New emblem is the Emblem of Frost
- Weekly raiding quests
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Mandatory Battle.net conversions by November 11th (12th in the EU).
Don’t Buy Gold!
Eyonix sez, “Buying gold makes baby murlocs cry. If that isn’t enough to dissuade you all by itself, you might be interested in checking out the informational webpage that we put together to make sure players have the facts about the negative impact of purchasing gold and using power-leveling services. Our goal is to shed some light on how these companies operate, share some of the measures we’re constantly taking to combat them, raise awareness of the detrimental effects these services have on all players — not just the buyers — and help protect members of our community from being targeted by them. So give it a read — it’ll only take a few minutes. And don’t buy gold. Because you wouldn’t want little Murky’s tears on your conscience, would you?”
Interlude – Pipsie’s Home Companion
Segment 3 – Change Bank
2v2 Dueling – Instead of forcing players to simultaneously queue up for an arena, it would be nice if Blizzard allowed players to join a group and duel as 2v2 or even 3v3 or 5v5. This would be a great way to allow players to practice against certain class combinations. For instance, if a 2s team is struggling against a specific class combination, they can practice against that combination with fellow guildees.
Segment 4 – Loot Table
Decursive Mod – Decursive allows for single click decursing. It is a light weight mod that automatically configures itself for the class you play. For instance, for me as a priest, Decursive automatically sets itself up for a left click dispell and a right-click abolish disease.
Segment 5 – E-Mail / Q&A
What is your Favorite Riding Mount? Flying Mount? Mimiron’s Head
Segment 6- Wrap-up
- Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ http://www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show..
- How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
- And on the intertubes, you can find us at thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
- 5-star review shoutouts: Tobito – “Great Podcast guys, Keep up the good work!”
- And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark – but not really)