Episode #8 – “I’m gonna kill him, but not really”
These show notes are for Episode 8 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2009.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
We reached 100 downloads on a single episode…yeah, us!
More Patch 3.3 on the PTR:
New Dungeon System will replace LFG
• This feature has replaced the Looking For Group tool and provides all-new dungeon party creation functionality.
• Players can join as individuals, as a full group, or a partial group to look for additional party members.
• Groups using this tool will be able to teleport directly to the selected instance. Upon leaving the instance, players will be returned to their original location. If any party member needs to temporarily leave the instance for reagents or repairs, they will have the option to teleport back to the instance.
• Instead of choosing a random dungeon, players can also choose specific dungeons appropriate for their level range. Multiple instances can be selected at one time. The feature no longer limits the choice to look for only 3 dungeon groups at one time.
o Cross-realm instances are now available and use an improved matchmaking system to assist players in looking for additional party members. As with Battlegrounds, the realms in each Battlegroup are connected.
o As part of the matchmaking system, some of the more difficult dungeons will have a minimum gear requirement. Players also need to meet the requirements for dungeons that require attunement, such as keys or quests. If a player does not meet the requirements for a particular dungeon, a lock icon will be displayed next to that dungeon. Hovering over this icon will display the requirements which have not been met.
o Only conjured items and loot dropped in a dungeon for which other party members are eligible can be traded between players from different realms.
o A Vote Kick feature will be available in the event a member of a party is not performing to the expectations of the other members.
o Players who leave the group prematurely are subject to a Deserter debuff preventing them from using the Dungeon System tool for 15 minutes.
o If an existing group loses a member, the leader will be asked if he or she wants to continue the dungeon. Choosing to continue will automatically place the group back into the Dungeon System queue.
o A Player will not be placed in a group with people on his or her Ignore list.
o Players who take part in groups who have one or more members who have been matched with them randomly from within the Dungeon System will receive extra rewards, up to and including the coveted Perky Pug non-combat pet. The more random players with whom one groups, the faster the pet can be obtained.
o The Need Before Greed loot system will be the unalterable default looting system for pick-up groups in the Dungeon System and has been updated.
Looking For Raid
There is a new Looking For Raid option available to players that can be accessed via the Raid Information screen in the interface or by typing “/LFR.”
• Players will be able to browse the system manually for any other players looking for a raid dungeon group.
• While browsing LFR players may sort the list ascending or descending by left-clicking the following headers: Name, Level, Class, Tank Role, Healer Role, and Damage Role. The crown is the Leader Role (representing a raid group with 2 or more people). Players can left-click on this header to sort the list with groups at the top or at the bottom.
• Hovering over players listed in LFR will display their name, class, level, roles and comments. Hovering over a raid/group will display the leader’s name, the raid information (number of people the raid), comments, if there are any bosses dead (and which ones), and if there are any friends from your Friends list or ignored players from your Ignore list in the raid group.
o The Looking For Group chat channel has returned and can be accessed in all major cities (similar to the Trade chat channel) without the use of the Dungeon system interface.
o Players may only be queued or listed in one of the following systems at a time: Dungeons, LFR, Battlegrounds, or Arenas.
o Ignore List: The amount of characters a person can ignore has been increased to 50. In addition, players on other realms can be placed on the Ignore list.
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
How healing might change in Cataclysm
Armor types no longer needable if they are outside your class
Northrend’s All-New Kalu’ak Fishing Derby
Segment 3 – Change Bank
Purchasable Goods from Gbank – Allow GMs the ability to put a price tag on banked items. When a guildee purchases the item, the money goes directly into the gbank fund.
Station Break – Pipsie’s Home Companion
Segment 4 – Loot Table
Buycostumes.com – New for 2009, the Draenei and Illidan latex masks, just in time for Halloween!
World of Warcraft Banners and Tabards @ museumreplicas.com
Segment 5 – E-Mail / Q&A
What do you play when you aren’t playing wow?
Segment 6- Wrap-up
• Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ http://www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show..
• Thanks to Pipsie for Pipsie’s Home Companion – you can find all your non-combat needs at http://www.warcraftpets.com
• How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at http://email@example.com. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
• On the intertubes, you can find us at https://thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
• 5-star review shoutouts:
• And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)