Episode #24 – Valley of the Noobs
These show notes are for Episode 24 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2010.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
- Welcome WoW.com-ers!
- Stacalm – Rellen hit level 40 andddddd we made it to the Lich King in 10-man ICC!
- Gillrisper – Was vacationing in New York this week, but plans on visiting Azeroth very soon.
- Celestial Steed for Sale! – http://www.wow.com/2010/04/16/twitter-developer-chat-for-april-16th-2010-organized-by-catego/
- Blizzard Developer Chat (a few of the many questions that were asked)
Q: Do you intend to have all 280% flying mounts scale to 310% when a 310% mount is earned, or will only purchased mounts do so?
A: Our current plan, is that in Cataclysm, you can learn a new rank of flying that lets all flying mounts move at 310% (even current 280% mounts). That will probably be as fast as mounts will ever get. We don’t like it that when you get a 310% mount that you stop using your old ones.
Q: If 310% speed is becoming trainable, does that mean we’ll be able to fly in Azeroth from the get-go?
A: We have considered the concept of “Old Weather Flying.” Just kidding. More than likely, you’ll just be able to fly from the beginning.
Q: What change are you most excited about?
A: We are changing the old zones probably more than most players realize. A place like Stonetalon is virtually unrecognizable. It has all new quests and item rewards and dramatic changes to the landscape. A zone like Western Plaguelands has actually been updated to reflect the fact that the Scourge are in retreat (which is not to say that the zone is without its dangers). Everywhere you’re going to see something new and surprising. I think a lot of players are excited about the level 80-85 experience (as they should be!) and the goblin and worgen zones (which if anything are better than the death knight starter zone, if you can believe that), but I think a lot of players are going to want to reroll new character of existing races and classes just to see how much everything has changed.
Q. What change are you most excited about?
A. Some of the new Balance talents for druids, like Solar Beam, which works like Freya’s spell where it instantly silences a target and they have to move out of the beam to get rid of the debuff.
Q: What improvements to the UI are being considered (particularly for raid healing)?
A: We would like to update the default Blizzard UI. It has some fatal flaws, such as not being able to show buffs and debuffs simultaneously. We probably won’t ever go as crazy as some of the mods out there just because they provide a ton of customization, which is one of the things players like about them. We do think players deserve a raid UI that is fully functional for those players who just don’t like to install a lot of mods. We hope to get this change in for Cataclysm, but we’re changing the UI for the spell book, talent pane, professions window, character stats, guild, friends and probably a dozen things I’m forgetting, so it’s just a matter of how much time we have.
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Arena Tournament 2010 Registration Open
Cataclysm Class Change Preview – Paladins
Catalysm Battle Plan
Segment 3 – Change Bank
Give us the ability to abandon multiple quests at once.
Segment 4 – Loot Table
NEW YORK CITY!!!!
Segment 5 – E-Mail / Q&A
We won the Lotto!
Breanni Gold Seller Scam – WARNING!!!
Breanni writes, “Gold sellers and scammers have sunk to a new low. We’ve been receiving reports from several members that they’ve taken to using my name, Breanni (or variations thereof, such as Beranni and Breanny), to trick people into visiting malicious websites. These websites are used to hack into your WoW account.”
Segment 6 – Wrap-up
- Thanks to DJ Dan Morrell @ www.danmorrell.com for providing us with our intro.
- Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show.
- How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
- On the intertubes, you can find us at thewarcraftsyndicate.wordpress.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
- And on Ustream.tv @ www.ustream.tv/channel/the-warcraft-syndicate
- Follow us on twitter @ twsyndicate
- 5-star review shoutouts:
- And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)