Episode #30 – Naked Mimes
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
- Arcatraz cleared! Got Outland Dungeonmaster!
- Ran Stockades, Deadmines, and Gnomeragan – Thanks Grothy!
- Has come to the realization that raiding in the summer is next to impossible and has thus given up his raid spot in Twilight Incursion.
- Casually leveling Rellen who is now level 65 and just three away from Northrend!
- news of a Google sponsored link that claims to lead Curse, but instead leads to a malware download. always download the client from http://www.curse.com/client.
- Flash 10.0.45.2 contains a critical vulnerability that could be used to install a keylogger on your computer in order to steal yourWoW account info. Upgrade your Flash to 10.1 to eliminate that road to your account.
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Guild Talents and Currency Scrapped!
- Will gain XP with
- Rated Battleground wins, Dungeon or Raid Boss Kills, Completing Quests, and Unlocking Guild Acheivements
- Reward will be unlocked with acheivements
- rewards will include, Mounts with flags showing the guild tabard design, heirloom items, and new tabards
- Guild rep will be earned along side of your guild level, and will be character dependent, not account dependent
- Guild Achievements are guild dependent, not character dependant.
- Members that complete the achievements will we memorialized in the Guild achievements under each one earned.
- You’ll need at least 7 guild members in a 10-man raid and 20 guild members in a 25-man raid in order to qualify for the achievments.
- Guild UI is getting an overhaul as well.
Path of Titans scrapped, and Inscription gets an overhaul
- There will be a new tier of glyphs, currently called “Medium” glyphs, that will provide “fun alterations” to abilities. Major and minor glyphs will act much as they currently do. You’ll have 3 of each glyph type at level 85.
- You will no longer have to re-buy glyphs when you respec or rearrange them. Rather, you will will learn each glyph like a skill and be able to swap them at will from a list.
- This list will show all glyphs available to your class, but will only allow you to use the ones you’ve purchased.
Heirloom items to work for Worgen and Goblins
Heirlooms will still work, but only until level 80, Including on Worgen and Goblins. Since you earned them, you should still get to use them. At level 80, you’ll have to start using new heirlooms that will be added in Cataclysm itself.
Greetings, Professor Falken… Shall we play a game?
Kalgna (aka Lead Designer Tom Chilton) sez “We’re simultaneously working on a “war games” mode for battlegrounds that allows groups to challenge other groups to a battle in a specific battleground (including horde vs horde and alliance vs alliance). Granted, the rewards aren’t significant, but it’s more for players to be able to have fun battling their guildmates and friends or for players on a server to throw down for the sake of pride and bragging rights. … You’ll still only be grouped with players of your language, although your opponents can be from whatever part of the region, regardless of language.”
Segment 3 – Loot Table
Live from PBS – It’s Video Games!
Segment 4 – E-mails and Q&A
- Questions for Breanni?
- Pred writes… “Wrath of Air totem is for caster haste. Windfury Totem is for melee haste.” Should have the saying neener-neener-neener at the end 🙂
Segment 5 – Wrap-up
- Thanks to DJ Dan Morrell @ www.danmorrell.com for providing us with our intro.
- Thanks to TexasMusicForge, HerbertBoland and lukaso @ The Freesound Project @ www.freesound.org for making available sounds for the show.
- How to participate in the show – Right now, you can e-mail us at email@example.com. Leave us e-mail questions, audio questions, comments, suggestions, etc.
- On the intertubes, you can find us at www.thewarcraftsyndicate.com. Here we’ll be posting show notes, news, thoughts and ideas and other things related to the podcast and WoW in general! You can get links to the RSS feed, and the iTunes feed as well.
- And on Ustream.tv @ www.ustream.tv/channel/the-warcraft-syndicate
- Follow us on twitter @ twsyndicate
- 5-star review shoutouts: Dukrous says, “Easy listening…if you’re a WoW fan, which Gillrisper and Stacalm obviously are. Great fun to listen to and a fine companion on my way to work.”
- And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)