In Focus #3 – Priests in Cataclysm
These show notes are for Episode of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2010.
1. Leap of Faith (Death Grip for friendly targets)
2. Mind Spike (A burst spell for Shadow Priests that deals Shadowfrost Damage)
3. Inner Will (A second “Inner” buff, though it is not listed on MMO anymore, so I’m not sure it still exists…): Increases movement speed by 12% and reduces the mana cost of instant-cast spells by 10%. This buff will be exclusive with Inner Fire, meaning you can’t have both up at once. Inner Fire provides a spell power and Armor buff; Inner Will should be useful on a more situational basis.
1. Evangelism: 100% chance on Smite and 40% chance on Mind Flay to gain a stack of Evangelism (max of 5). Each stack provides benefits based on the spell that proceeds it:
- Smite: Increases damage of Smite, Holy Fire, and Penance by 2% and their mana cost is reduced by 3%.
- Mind Flay: Increases the damage of your periodic Shadow damage by 1%.
2. Arcangel: Consumes your Evangelism stacks and grants bonuses based on which type of Evangelism you had.
- Smite: Instantly restore 3% of your mana and increases healing by 3% per stack.
- Mind Flay: Instantly restore 3% of your mana and increases your Shadow and Frost damage by 3% per stack.
3. Atonement: When you deal damage with your Smite spell, you instantly heal a near-by low-health player within 8 yards for 15% of the damage Smite dealt.
4. Power Word: Barrier: Summons a holy barrier at the target location that absorbs damage. Basically, a giant, stationary PW: Shield.
1. Chakra: When activated, your next Heal, Renew, Prayer of Healing, or Smite spell put you into a corresponding Chakra state. Lasts 30 sec. You can only be in one Chakra state at a time.
- Prayer of Healing: Increases the healing done by your area of effect spells by 10% and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing by 2 sec.
- Renew: Increases the healing done by your Renew spell by 10% and reduces the global cooldown of your Renew by 0.5 sec
- Heal: Increases the critical effect chance of your Heal by 10% and your Heal refreshes the duration of your Renew on target.
- Smite: Increases your total damage done by Shadow and Holy spells by 15%.
2. State of Mind: Your successful Heal, Renew, Prayer of Healing or Smite spell casts increase the duration of your corresponding Chakra state by 4 sec. Passive.
3. Lightwell: not a new talent, but it hasn’t changed despite repeated criticisms
1. Shadow Orbs: Each one increases your Spell Damage by some amount.
Harnessed Shadows (talent): Increases the chance for you to gain a Shadow Orb when dealing damage with your Mind Flay and Shadow Word: Pain by 4/8% and you have a 50/100% chance to gain Shadow Orb when critically hit by any attack.
2. Sin and Punishment: When your Vampiric Touch is dispelled, the dispeller and all targets within 6 yards have a 50/100% chance to be feared for 3 sec.
3. Shadowy Apparition: When you deal periodic damage with your Shadow Word: Pain, you have a 2/4/6% chance to summon a shadow version of yourself which will slowly move towards a target which is afflicted with your SW: Pain. Once reaching the target, it will instantly deal damage equal to 15% of your Mind Blast damage. (While moving, the chance to summon the Shadowy Apparition is increased to 20/40/60%.)
- Special thanks to DJ Dan Morrell, TexasMusicForge, Herbert Bolland, and Lukaso at Freesound.org.
- Just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 14 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)