Blizzcon Quests and Lore Panel
This was a straight Q&A session. Here were some of the highlights:
- There will be more Caverns of Time stuff with the Infinite Dragonflight in the works for Cataclysm
- Looks like they are holding back on a lot of info on stuff we’ll see in game…
- No plans on re-introducing Medivh’s Staff back into the game
- Legendary items are NOT meant to last forever….
- Will they using phasing to re-invigorate old zones? Not necessarily, but they are using Hyjal as “Healed” Hyjal as a level 85 open questing area….
- How will Outland work lore-wise in cataclysm? Poorly….but… they will be going back to fix Outland at some point after release. Outland and Wrath are “broken” for now, but they are still trying to figure out how to fix it.
- 3500 quests in Cataclysm compared to 1000 for Wrath… That’s including all new 81-85 quests and the retooling of classic quests!
- Will we see a redemption of Illidan Stormrage? No but they love the idea!
- We will see Deathwing in Cata – more than we saw Illidan in BC, but less than we saw Arthas in Lich King. If you see DW in Cata, you’ll die 99% of the time….
- Will there be tools implemented in Cata to help roleplayers? Yes!
- We will see Undermine as an actual city.
- Strong suggestions were made that Thrall WILL make a return in big way at some point down the road.
- They have worked with Sam Raimi to hammer out the story and it is “BAD ASS” Just waiting for the green light to go into production! They are “going to do it right” 🙂
And we are done!