Episode #50 – Flyin’ Joe Camel
These show notes are for Episode 50 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2010.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
Gill – Nada! Ran outta time
Stacalm – Raiding, wiping, farming, woot, woot!
Ryshat – dinged 85, gearing up (yay engineering goodies), running Tol Barad for fun, going though each zone to complete all quests, doing Argent Tournament dailies to get seals for heirloom gear (tip, the champion purses have a 100% drop rate of an extra Champion’s Seal). Getting better at heroics, but they are very time constrictive for a fellow like me.
Doobjanka – Leveling 4th toon in Archaeology. What’s new this year @ warcraftpets.com?
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Pv getting P’ed on….
Patch 4.0.6 on the PTR
Official patch notes from the PTR can be found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384#blog
The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
Dungeons and Raids
Level-85 players can now choose any normal dungeon via the Dungeon Finder. Choosing Random Dungeon will still not add Blackrock Caverns or Throne of the Tides into the rotation.
Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol’vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
- Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. Players with more than 200 fragments will not lose additional fragments in 4.0.6, but in a future patch we may remove any fragments above 200.
- Archaeology finds now grant a guaranteed skill point up to 50 skill, and then no longer grant skill gains, as opposed to granting up to 100 skill very slowly.
- The sell value of all common artifacts has been doubled, while a small subset of common artifacts have had their sell value increased far beyond that.A socket has been added to most crafted epic armor pieces that did not already have one.
- Alchemist’s Stones for Agility, Strength, and Intellect have been added.
- Three new bracer enchants are available. They increase Agility by 50, Strength by 50, or Intellect by 50 respectively. Item level 300 or higher required. These new recipes are rare world drops.
- Enchant Off-Handed – Superior Intellect now increases Intellect by 40, down from 100.
- Rare fishing poles now have a chance to be found in the Bag of Fishing Treasures earned via the Stormwind and Orgrimmar Fishing daily quests.
- The 500 to 510 skill-up range for Leatherworking has been improved.
- Darkglow Embroidery (Rank 2) now increases Spirit instead of restoring a flat amount of mana.
- Illusionary Bag now has 26 slots.
- Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
- New meta gems have been added
- Attacking forces will receive a 200% capture speed bonus when they control 2 keeps.
- Defending forces will receive a 200% capture speed bonus when they control all 3 keeps.
- Daily quest creatures, herbs, minerals, etc. will only spawn when Tol Barad is in the quest phase between battles. There will be 5-minute and 1-minute warnings before the quest phase ends. The quest phase ends 15 minutes before the battle for Tol Barad begins and queuing is made available. At that time any players in the daily micro dungeons will be ported just outside. This does not apply to Tol Barad Peninsula or the daily quests there.
- The weekly PvP quest “Victory in Tol Barad” now awards 200 Honor Points and 3 Tol Barad Commendations.
- Players can now see the status of Tol Barad on the World Map no matter where they are. The time to the next battle is displayed by zooming into the Tol Barad section of the map. The current controlling faction can be seen on the Eastern Kingdoms map.
- Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving.
- Freezing Trap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds. BOOOOOOOO
- For opening cinematics there is now a streaming option interface in the login screen for play-on-demand.
- Players can now individually remove raid world markers.
- The Reputation Pane now saves which reputation categories are expanded or collapsed.
- Character Info Window
- The Character Info window (C) now saves the order and expand/collapse state of stat categories separately for each talent specialization.
- Character movement speed is now displayed on the Character Info window (C) with all other stats.
- The Haste display on the Character Info window (C) now shows the total haste percentage, rather than only haste from haste rating.
- There are now number displays on the summary page and dropdown menu.
- Ready Flash has been added to the race icons.
- A View All button has been added to the profession display regardless of whether Show Offline Members is checked.
- Online members can now be sorted to the top of the View Crafters list.
- The guild reputation cap is now displayed in the tooltip.
Real ID & Chat
- Real ID login notifications now include character and game icons.
- Players can now right-click close a chat window tab even if it’s not the current tab.
- There is now an option to auto-pop whispers into a new tab.
- Popped out whisper windows now show online/offline status messages.
- Predicted healing (previously only available for Raid Frames and raid-style Party Frames) has been added to the following unit frames: Player Frame, Party Frame, Target Frame, Focus Frame.
Many bugs… handled them!
Segment 3 – Loot Table
Segment 4 – E-mail/Q&A
Segment 5 – Wrap-up
- Special thanks to DJ Dan Morrell, TexasMusicForge, Herbert Bolland, and Lukaso at Freesound.org.
- How to participate – e-mail us at email@example.com
- 5-star review shoutouts:
- Twitter followers: Fred P, Linktm, Mitzi Roehrs
- And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 7-10 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)