Episode 55 – “Are you the Gatekeeper?”
These show notes are for Episode 55 of The Warcraft Syndicate Copyright 2011.
Gill – FINALLY got into Stonetalon Mountains (stupid random drop off a mob quest starting thing) – Helped out Naves in Borean Tundra. – Been playing a lot of Emulated Nintendo games on my phone.
Stacalm – TI hit level 25, and I got my Kor’kron Annihilator and we can now use Mass Resurrection.
Segment 1 – This week in WoW
BlizzCon tickets on sale May 21st and 25th
Chat on the go!
Segment 2 – Blizzard Blues
Patch 4.1: Rize of the Zanadari coming Tuesday, April 26?
- Conquest Points are now purchasable from the Valor Quartermasters at 250 Conquest Points per 250 Valor Points.
- Honor Points are now purchasable from the Justice Trade Goods vendors at 250 Honor Points per 375 Justice Points.
- Justice Points are now purchasable from the Honor Trade Goods vendors at 250 Justice Points per 375 Honor Points.
Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms
A new system intended to lower queue times, Dungeon Finder: Call to Arms offers additional rewards for queuing as the currently least represented role. To be eligible for the additional rewards you must solo queue for a random level-85 Heroic in the role that is currently being Called to Arms, and complete the dungeon by killing the final boss. Every time you hit these requirements (there is no daily limit) you’ll receive a goodie bag that will contain some gold, a chance at a rare gem, a chance at a flask/potion, a good chance of receiving a non-combat pet (including cross faction pets), and a very rare chance at receiving a mount.
The criteria on many of the profession-related guild achievements has been significantly reduced.
- These challenges can be found in the Info pane of the guild UI.
- Guild Challenges fall into three categories: Dungeons, Raids, and Rated Battlegrounds.
- Each challenge can be completed a set number of times per week. Guild groups participating in level-appropriate Heroic or normal difficulty dungeons and raids, or rated Battlegrounds, will automatically qualify for challenge credit.
- Each time a Guild Challenge is completed, the guild will be awarded experience and gold deposited directly into the Guild Vault, as well as the opportunity to earn all-new achievements. A popup or “toast” will be displayed to confirm a Guild Challenge has been completed (similar to achievement alerts).
- Guild experience earned via Guild Challenges will be awarded above the daily cap. The experience cap will move forward relative to the amount of experience obtained through completing Guild Challenges (similar to rested experience for characters).
- Guilds already at the level cap will be awarded substantially more gold in place of guild experience.
- Gold rewards are deposited into the guild bank once the guild reaches level 5. The text for the Cash Flow guild perk has been updated appropriately.
- A new Guild Finder button will now appear on the Micro Menu for guild leaders, as well as players without a guild.
- A Guild Interests field allows players to form a guild around common interests: Questing, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, and Role Playing.
- An Availability field allows players to note whether or not weekdays or weekends are better for playing.
- The Class Roles field allows players to indicate the role or roles they are capable of, and willing to fill.
- A Comment box is also available for supplying additional information.
- Once a player has filled out the Guild Interests field, the Browse Guilds tab allows them to find guilds actively recruiting via the Guild Finder. Guilds listed here are displayed according to common interests.
- The Requests tab tracks all recruitment requests submitted by an unguilded player, or submitted to the leader of a selected guild.
Account Bound Items
- Many “Account Bound” heirlooms are now labeled as “Battle.net Account Bound”, meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
- Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
- Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.
- Multi-Shot damage has been increased by 250%.
- Tame Beast now tames pets to match the hunter’s level, rather than 3 levels below.
- The Feed Pet ability now instantly heals 50% of the pet’s health. Cannot be used in combat. Requires diet-appropriate food.
- The Happiness/Pet Loyalty System has been removed. Hunters will no longer have to manage Happiness for their pets, and the previous damage bonus for pets being happy will now be baseline for all tamed pets.
- Worgen females have learned how to laugh out loud.
- In Stratholme, Postboxes no longer require keys to open, because really, who locks their postboxes anymore when they’re all undead? It’s just people sending coupons for brains anyway.
- The Reins of the Dark Phoenix, purchased from the Guild Vendor, has had its art improved. It’s now less transparent and indisputably more awesome.
- All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
- Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.
- And don’t forget Zul’Aman and Zul’Gurub are coming…chirp, chirp, chirp.
Segment 3 – Loot Table
Ask Mr. Robot
Segment 4 – E-mail/Q&A
David Prickett sez, I would just like to say congratulations to the members of Defiant, Sargeras server, for their participation in the push for server first guild level 25.
We are a casual guild that will not have many other server first. But having this under our belts shows that we are a group of people dedicated to working together.
Thank you to Defiant.
Segment 5 – Wrap-up
- Special thanks to DJ Dan Morrell, TexasMusicForge, Herbert Bolland, and Lukaso at Freesound.org.
- How to participate – e-mail us at email@example.com
- 5-star review shoutouts:
- Twitter followers: uriul, karl1410, Maureen Schaeffler, WarcraftVids, GoffsConcepts
- And just like Blizzard, the next podcast will be released within 10-14 days, or when it’s done (registered Trademark)